Clinical Problem Solving In Dentistry- Orthodontics & Pediatrict Dentistry
سال چاپ :2010
تعداد صفحات : 224
This is a second edition of a hugely successful practical resource in orthodontics and paediatric dentistry – ideal for undergraduate dental students and post-graduates preparing for the MJDF and similar exams.
- Focuses on clinical problem-solving in orthodontics and paediatric dentistry ― two closely-related topics that are usually separated into different volumes.
- Provides practical help with treatment planning, guiding the reader through the process of safe and effective decision-making.
- Provides two different approaches to the clinical cases ― some topics include scenarios with questions and answers; others include differential diagnosis with a focus on how to plan and manage treatment effectively.
- Uses ‘key-point” Evidence-Based’ boxes systematically to emphasise core knowledge for assessment and provide a rationale for treatment approaches.
- Contains valuable ‘mind-maps’, which helps the reader consolidate information prior to exams.
- Includes orthodontic sections on severe crowding, additional canine problems, bilateral crossbite covering the use of temporary anchorage devices, incisor root resorption from an impacted maxillary canine, cone beam CT, tooth-size discrepancy assessment, transposition, RME, SARPE and self-ligating brackets
- Includes paediatric dentistry sections on the use of CPP-ACP, indirect pulp caps, caries diagnosis systems, minimally invasive techniques, and the importance of caries risk assessment and appropriate fluoride prescription, and mechanisms for how fluoride works.