With this hands-on resource, you will learn the most current methods of placing — or assisting in the placement — of dental materials, and how to instruct patients in their maintenance. Dental Materials uses step-by-step procedures to show how to mix, use, and apply dental materials within the context of the patient’s course of treatment. Expert authors Carol Hatrick, W. Stephan Eakle, and William F. Bird enhance this edition with four new chapters, along with coverage of newly approved materials and esthetic tools including the latest advances in bleaching and bonding. A new companion Evolve website lets you practice skills with challenging exercises!
- Procedure boxes include step-by-step instructions for common tasks.
- Procedural icons indicate specific guidelines or precautions that need to be followed for each procedure.
- End-of-chapter review questions help you assess your retention of material, with answers provided in an appendix.
- End-of-chapter case-based discussions provide a real-life application of material covered in the chapter.
- Clinical tips and precautions emphasize important information, advice, and warnings on the use of materials.
- Key terms are defined at the beginning of each chapter, bolded within the chapter, and defined in the glossary.
- Objectives help you focus on the information to gain from each chapter.
- Introductions provide an overview of what will be discussed in each chapter.
- Summary tables and boxes make it easy to find and review key concepts and information.
- Full-color photos and illustrations show dental materials and demonstrate step-by-step procedures, including new clinical photos of bleaching and bonding.
- New Dental Ceramics chapter addresses the growth in esthetic dentistry by discussing porcelain crowns, inlays, and veneers and the process of selecting the proper shade.
- New Dental Amalgam chapter discusses the use of metal ― still the most commonly used material in restorative and corrective dentistry.
- New Casting Alloys, Solders, and Wrought Metal Alloys chapter breaks down specific types of combination metals and the procedures in which they are used.
- New Dental Implants chapter covers several different types of implants as well as how to instruct patients on hygiene and home care of their implant(s).
- The Materials Handling section reflects the new Infection Control Environment (ICE) standards and all approved ADA methods for the disposal of surplus materials.
- A companion Evolve website includes exercises to help you identify images and master procedures, plus competency skill sheets to assess your understanding.
نقد و بررسیها
هیچ دیدگاهی برای این محصول نوشته نشده است.