The new edition of this highly successful book continues to offer readers everything they require to gain a full understanding of microbiology as it relates to modern dental practice. The rich combination of easy-to-read text together with the extensive artwork programme makes Essential Microbiology for Dentistry the first choice of microbiology textbook for many students of dentistry worldwide.
- Comprehensive coverage of the subject area makes the book suitable for all aspects of the curriculum
- Almost 300 tables and illustrations present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Contains ‘Key Facts’ boxes to act as useful aide-mémoires
- Self-assessment sections at the end of each chapter allow students to assess their understanding in key areas of knowledge
- Addresses the subject on a strictly ‘need-to-know for the dentist’ approach [e.g. only salient bacteria are included with thumbnail sketches of viruses and fungi]
- Contains a detailed – and now expanded – glossary and abbreviations list
- Contains the latest organism nomenclature and information regarding unculturable bacteria and novel molecular technology
- Includes a highly expanded section on oral biofilms and their relevance to systemic disease such as heart disease, diabetes, adverse pregnancy outcomes and nosocomial pneumonia
- Contains a brand new section on oral immunology – prepared by guest authors – as relevant to dentistry
- Contains a new section on the microbiology of perimplantitis
- Presents a fully revised and expanded section on infection control in dentistry encompassing British and American guidelines
نقد و بررسیها
هیچ دیدگاهی برای این محصول نوشته نشده است.