OROFACIAL PAIN AND HEADACHE is a timely, comprehensive and instructive addition to the pain literature; in particular the important and truly multidisciplinary area of orofacial pain. Based on their extensive clinical experience and a thorough understanding of pain mechanisms specific to the trigeminal system, the editors, Yair Sharav and Rafael Benoliel, have integrated knowledge from the areas of headache and orofacial pain and have succinctly explained common mechanisms involved in the two phenomena, with important implications for pain diagnosis and management.
- Internationally renowned editors and contributor team
- Integrated approach to the diagnosis and treatment of oral and facial pain syndromes as well as common primary headaches
- A thorough review of the four majorclinical entities of orofacial pain: acute dental, neurovascular, musculoskeletal and neuropathic
- Comprehensive coverage of the pharmacotherapy of acute and chronic pain
- Chapters on the psychological, neurosurgical and otolaryngological aspects of orofacial pain
- An in depth discussion of facial pain and headaches secondary to medical co-morbidities
- Exploration of complementary and alternative methods of pain control including acupuncture, food additives and hypnosis